Friday, April 10, 2020

Spring Writing #5



When We Had Spring Break
I love spring!
I love the change in the weather from the cold of winter.
I love the birds singing, butterflies flying, and bees buzzing.
I love the sun shining and the spring breezes blowing.
I love the flowers blooming and the rain falling.
But this year, we had spring break.
It broke because of a scary virus.
Schools closed, and we had to stay home.
We could play in our yard, but we couldn’t play with our friends.
I miss my friends and my teacher.
I miss feeling the excitement of spring.
I feel more afraid than excited.
I don’t understand all about this virus, but I know it makes people sick.
I know that it is an invisible, scary thing
That broke this spring.
I try to remember that spring is still here.
I love running around outside in the spring air.
And I focus on the good things I’m thankful for.
But I will always remember this is the year we had spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment