Thursday, April 9, 2020

Spring Writing #4


This reminded me of my oldest daughter when she was little, about ages 3-4. She loved plants and would hug trees and talk to flowers. Writing this silly little poem/story just made me smile, mostly because of memories of when she was little. :-)

Hello, Little Plant
I planted a seed
At the first sign that spring was on its way
I dug a hole and planted it carefully in the dirt
I said, “Good luck! Enjoy your nap.”
Then I covered it up
Each day I watched
I asked, “Are you awake yet?”
The seed didn’t answer
No sign of a plant
If rain didn’t come
I watered the seed myself
“Hello, little seed.
Are you ready to come out yet?”
No answer.
No plant.
Then, one day, I looked closely.
There, a tiny speck of green poking through the dirt
A tiny plant was beginning its spring stretch
“Hello, little plant!
Welcome to the outside world!”
The next day it was taller
And each day it grew
It sprouted leaves.
“Oh, little plant! Look what you did.
You made leaves, and you’ve grown taller.
Good for you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment