Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Spring Writing #1

This time of year has a fun writing contest that I enjoy entering. We are supposed to post our entry in our blog.

This year, I had too much fun writing...maybe because we are on "lockdown," and I've been writing a little more than usual, plus the hope of spring and this virus possibly going away is always on our minds.

Anyway, for the next few days I thought I'd post my spring collection of recent writing. Feel free to add your own spring writing to the comments section. We'd love to hear from you.

Happy Spring! Stay safe and healthy!




A Different Spring
Outside
Flowers bloom
Birds sing
The sun shines
But I’m inside
No school
No friends
It’s a different spring
One with a virus shadow
Blocking the joy
Of the dance of spring
It’s like winter without Christmas
Summer without swimming
Fall without pumpkin pie
It’s a different spring
Missing some of the fun
But not forgetting the joy
Because it reminds me
Even though life is different right now
Life goes on
Even though I am stuck inside
I’ll get to go outside soon
The flowers, birds, and sunshine
Will be waiting
Asking, “Where have you been?”
“Better late than never.”
“Come join in.”
The celebration of this different spring.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I was fortunate that I was quarantined early and spring comes late here, but this poem resonates with me in how I'm thinking about family and friends. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. It's been an interesting year so far. I'm enjoying spring nonetheless. I hope you will too when it comes your way.

      Delete